29.5.08

Well well well

I think I've done some things on my list! Let's see.

  • 29. Go on a beautiful picnic with great food.
TOTALLY done! Stephen, Jordanna and I took a ferry out to Big Tancook Island and had a picnic overlooking the ocean with lovely sandwiches and even a bottle of wine.
  • 30. Sing a song at Karaoke.
DONE! I went to a really fun house show and sang karaoke in front of all the cool kids. I was really drunk, but hey, it counts. I believe my inaugural song was (accidentally) Rock Lobster. And I also sang something by Johnny Cash.

  • 38. Write another kids' book.
Done! Fleshed in. Needs editing.
  • 53. Go to McNab's Island or whichever island you can take a boat out to.
DONE! It was an accidental island that I barely even knew existed -- Big Tancook. With Stephen and Jordy. Awesome.
  • 97. Listen to classical music when cooking dinner.
DONE! I love having classical music channels come in on the television. Classical Pops FTW.

One thing I've noticed about this list is that it makes me fight my inner perfectionist and appreciate the smaller things in life. Doing each of these things didn't really count in my head -- karaoke at a house party instead of in front of a huge crowd of strangers at the Oasis? Listen to classical music while preparing regular supper instead of a giant Italian feast? Accidentally go to Big Tancook instead of McNab's? Participate in a picnic that I didn't pack myself, without the traditional coleslaw and potato salad? Write a children's book but not have completed the research needed to really finish it off? So, looking back, I need to wrestle with my expectations a bit more and have a bit more fun with serendipity and spontaneity.

Also, I'm going to cross one more off the list:
  • 05. Fix my foot.
If it's fixed enough to wander around Montreal for three days, for hours at a time, it's fixed enough. Can't wait to go hiking this summer!!!

No comments: