23.3.09

Update!

Man, I guess I'm not doing well at keeping this blog up. But I DID accomplish some more things on my list!!

4. Went camping - in Bear Falls Nova Scotia with friends Damian, J-Vo, and Ryan. Even listened to J-Vo happily strumming a guitar in an old hardwood hemlock forest.

7. Find a career I like - working on it. Research officer seems like a good fit for me!

16. Go to Smiley's Creek to look at the autumn leaves. - Had a hike around Smiley's and examined lots of leaves. Got us lost and took a wrong turn into a Farmer's field. It was fun.

20. Go canoeing. - Ryan and I stayed at Milford House in October and canoed around for a good long time. I love it.

28. Buy or otherwise legitimately acquire a piece of art. - Bought myself two beautiful Yo Rodeo screenprints.

49. Go back to the library. - almost done. I paid my fines and got a new card, now for the actual visit...

61. Visit a working farm. -- My father took me along to Farmer's Annual Picnic at his boss' dairy farm in Shubenacadie. It was interesting and a little sad, as it was a fixed stall operation and the cattle couldn't wander or go outside.

79. Stay in a cottage on a lake. - See Milford House, above.

81. Go swimming in a lake. - A river. Totally qualifies. And I went to Long Lake many times and even Uniacke Lake a few times last year.

88. Sit in a hot tub in the winter. And roll around in the snow if there is any. - Yes! We just went to Malagash, stayed in a cottage with a hot tub there, and I didn't quite roll around in the snow but I did throw it over myself. It was so luxurious and amazing.

93. Make my living space a gorgeous, fun, welcoming place that people compliment when they come in. -- I think this is well on its way. Someone even asked to take pictures of our apartment!

No comments: